Pages

Monday, May 28, 2012

So, Now....?

As I am typing this, it is a Tuesday. I called the pediatric office yesterday for lab results, but the results had not been put into the computer system.  This morning our nurse practitioner called.

Hemoglobin and hematocrits have both started going up! The width of the red blood cells have also increased (indicating that the iron supplements are getting into the cells!).

Good news!

But this blood draw was to check the platelets, which had been elevated at the previous blood draw...

What about the platelets?

Down into the normal range!! Praise the Lord!

They are still in the high end of normal... but normal! :)

We will wait til his one year check-up in July to do another blood draw to check everything out again.

So, we are not 'out of the woods' yet, but things are looking brighter. :)

Up to this point, we had only told just a few of his wonky blood test results. They have been praying alongside of us. I also had a few praying for an 'unspoken' request.

We know our Lord is in control. We rest in His arms.

Prayerfully, this journey has ended with the improved blood test results. However, if the next round of labs shows problems again, I may cry, but, I know it will all be alright as long as we lean on Him!

1 comment:

  1. Awe, all my unspoken prayer request prayers I have lifted up have been for that precious baby boy! What a priviledge to pray along side others who love him and you! Now, I hope you, your husband, and all those other beautiful children of yours have enjoyed your holiday weekend! What a relief to hear a little good news! Hugs my friend!

    ReplyDelete